Baby Legare

Lilypie Maternity tickers

MaKenna

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

3.15.2011

Surgery Day come and gone!

Ok.. So before I get started from surgery day.. here are some silly pictures of MaKenna. She has to put her own clothes on every day. She is a big girl. She reminds us ALL the time! Sometimes gets frustrating for this mom when we are in a hurry in the mornings!
Here is the attempt at the shirt. They are much harder than the pants.
Here is how the pants usually look when she gets them on!

This picture just cracks me up! she is sooo silly!
Here are the pictures from the hospital. They are out of order sorry, but i am horrible at uploading. So, the picture below is her and daddy. Apparently we stayed out to late the night before surgery. Mom had to hold the fort alll day long while those 2 slept!
Here is a glimpse of her first nap. This was about 11am. She was pretty swollen in her face. But did sleep really well.
Here is when we arrived at the hospital! She was ready to go. She couldn't drink anything 4 hours prior to her appt. I was really nervous about this as she needs a drink about every two hours all night long usually. It wasn't until 7:00am that she asked for milk. And at 7:12 she was in surgery!
Here is when we first got to see her after surgery. We actually didn't get to be in the recovery room. I wouldn't recommend it. I heard her screaming which was really hard for me but in the end I think I was better off not seeing her go threw it! first thing she did when she saw me was pull out her IV. she was not having that thing wrapped on her arm!
Here is right before they took her. Her and daddy were being silly!
All in all her surgery went super well. Took about an hour and half from start to finish. When she left us till we seen her again. VERY agonizing for me. I cried when she left! She didn't even care! (she had no clue! the nurses had stickers and that is all that mattered to her!) I am thankful it is over with. She is doing better each day. She hits a rough patch here and there. When ever she sees the pink medicine she screams. She wants nothing to do with it. I think it would sting her throat when taking it before. They say that the worse time after the surgery is 4-7 days and we are on day 5. I def. can see when she hits the bad time. Hopefully by next week she will be back to normal and maybe will sleep threw the night!! WOO! I cant wait!

No comments: